21 Jul Inspired Dependability
Founded in 1932, Gerber® Plumbing Fixtures is a manufacturer of plumbing products including toilets, sinks, faucets, and shower solutions for the kitchen and bath industry. Trade professionals and homeowners alike value Gerber products for their affordability, style, and substance – performing without exception for many years. Gerber is dedicated to making things simple yet impactful every step of the way, from product features and design to installation, support, and beyond.
Gerber moved to a new platform because they wished to create a next-generation website for their B2B customers, Professional Tradespeople, and B2C customers as well as allow business users to easily update content and commerce areas.
Strategic Objectives of the Project were:
- To introduce a new brand and user experience for consumers, installers, designers, and B2B retailers
- To allow marketers and merchandisers to update the site with little IT involvement
- To create product collection catalogs that enable accurate search results and facet attribution
- To support 3rd party services for Where to Buy, Multi-Lingual, Digital Asset Management (DAM), and CRM capabilities
Gerber partnered with VSG Commerce to design, develop and implement a modern ecommerce experience built on Oracle Commerce using the Open Storefront Framework (OSF) to create a better user experience and provide an improved set of tools for both customers and employees.
Key Deliverables of the Solution:
- Moved the platform to Oracle Commerce Cloud (OCC)
- Restructured the catalog architecture to prepare for Product Information Management (PIM) integration
- Implemented Project Planner, a tool for contractors to build custom product catalogs for customers
- Updated the DAM integration to allow all technical documents to be served in real-time
- Improved Search using OCC functionality
- Supported both English and French via a 3rd party translation service for customers in the US and Canada.
- Implemented the “Where to Buy” page
Gerber looks forward to continuing to build upon its new platform to develop its ecommerce capabilities and drive digital growth.