20 Apr Providing Opportunities for the Blind
The New York State Preferred Source Program for New Yorkers who are Blind (NYSPSP) is a state-mandated initiative to create and sustain employment opportunities for New Yorkers who are legally blind. State and local agencies in New York State are required to purchase products and services that appear on the New York State Office of General Services Preferred Source List through NYSPSP. These commodities and services are produced or performed by affiliated nonprofit agencies in New York that employ people who are blind or visually impaired. National Industries for the Blind (NIB), whose mission is to enhance the personal and economic independence of people who are blind, primarily through creating, sustaining, and improving employment, manages NYSPSP through a separate 503c entity. Through its network of associated nonprofit agencies, NIB is the largest employer of people who are blind in the country.
NYSPSP wished to create a better user experience and provide an improved set of tools for both their customer service and merchandising teams.
Strategic Objectives of the Project were:
- To modernize their digital selling channel by replacing their iStore site
- To migrate their NY accounts from iStore to Oracle Commerce Cloud
- To provide accessibility for all, including call center reps, who are visually impaired by integrating with their JAWS screen reader
- To utilize all out-of-the-box Oracle Commerce Cloud features such as scheduled orders, purchase lists, quotes, etc.
NYSPSP partnered with VSG Commerce™ to migrate nyspsp.org from iStore to Oracle Commerce Cloud with a focus on user experience and EBS integrations for New York centered customers and employees.
Key Deliverables of the Solution:
- Integrated with JAWS screen reader functionality
- Performed ADA testing to meet level AA criteria
- Incorporated Quick Order functionality
- Completed EBS integrations for: User Profiles, Accounts, Invoices, Invoice History, Create Orders, Review Order/History
- Enhanced content management capabilities
- Improved registration workflow to allow user to request a new B2B account or join an existing account
NYSPSP looks forward to continuing to grow their digital channel for those with visual impairments in New York.
With our many years of experience building content, commerce and experience sites, VSG Commerce™ can deliver the guidance, skills and services to support your next project. Ready to get started? Contact us today. 847-854-5990