05 Feb Relevancy Drives Response, Response Drives Relationships
So many site designs try to be everything to everyone. Why?
Not everyone buys from you. Design for those who do.
If we had to diagnose the most common ailments of the web’s most confusing, complex, wordy sites, we’d say there’s an epidemic of two disorders:
- Lack of understanding of the customer.
- Focus on the organization’s own internal needs.
Fortunately, one treatment plan will address both conditions.
Our prescription? Make it relevant.
Strive for simplicity, efficiency, and consistency throughout your site, and then personalize the shopping experience for your customer.
Opportunities for personalization abound. But don’t personalize just to personalize. That creates noise and confuses the customer. Instead, build in personalization that is truly relevant to your target customers:
- Make it easy for users to find the products they need, gather information on those products, and purchase them.
- Deliver content to customers personalized to past purchases, location, and interests.
- Tailor content based on clickstream activity, which is a great alternative for delivering a personalized experience even to anonymous visitors.
- Speak to customers in a voice that reflects their interests. For example, a woman shopping for men’s shoes may have different priorities than a man visiting the same site. How can you tailor the experience for each of them?
Relevant content creates responsive customers. The more responsive customers are, the more they will move through your site and toward conversion – and the more likely they are to come back again and again, establishing an ongoing relationship of repeat business.
Want to achieve greater relevancy on your eCommerce site? Contact us to explore options for personalization that will draw positive response from your target customers. 847-854-5990 x102